COVID-19: Furlough scheme portal to be launched on 20 April
HMRC have confirmed that the online service for claiming funding for furloughed employees under the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme is due to be launched on 20 April 2020
Making a claim
Applicants will be able access the system using their current government gateway login.
The following information will be required to make a claim:
- The UK bank account number and sort code you would like HMRC to use when they pay your claim.
- The name and phone number of the person for HMRC to call with any questions.
- Your employer PAYE reference number
- Your Self-Assessment UTR (Unique Tax Reference), Company UTR or CRN (Company Registration Number).
- The number of employees being furloughed.
- The name, employee number and National Insurance number for each of your furloughed employees.
- The total amount being claimed for all employees and the total furlough period (i.e. start date and end date)
We understand that the first claims will be paid 10 days after the portal opens with future claims paid within four to six days.
HMRC have indicated that they may retrospectively audit all aspects of the claim made.
Practical guidance on how to make claims via the portal is expected to be published this week to give employers the information required to enable claims to be made online without the need to contact HMRC.
If you have any queries or wish to speak to a member of our team to assist you with your claim, please call our office on 01226 298 298.